Photobucket


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I once was a mail hoarder

I'm not sure why, but I absolutely despise checking my mail. OK, yes I do know why ... I'm just that lazy. Anyway, I know this sounds really trivial, but it's actually a problem that's gotten out-of-hand. I get TONS of junk (and legit) mail with my name, address, etc. all over it, and I can't in good conscience just toss it in the trash. Helloooo, identity theft!

So, it never fails. My old mail just piles up and I find it stashed all over my apartment. The thought of going through it is overwhelming and is always the absolute last thing on my to-do list. After all, I pay all my bills online anyway. Plus, it's not like I have a shredder just hanging around, so what the eff am I supposed to do with it all??

In addition to my mail hoarding habits, I sort-of have an addiction to anything pink. it doesn't really matter what it is (e.g. body wash, stationary, post-it notes, razor, travel toothbrush holders, luggage, clothes, napkins, you get the idea), if it is pink I "have" to have it. I won't know I "needed" it, but turn something pink and magically "ohhh it's so cute, I have to have it."

Getting to my point. (Yes, I have a point.) You see, this little pink guy caught my eye and has become my new BFF: "What is it?" you ask? Well, it's my cheaper shredder alternative, duh!

So, I was at this gem of a store called The Sample House and Candle Shop purchasing a couple of these on a BOGO (buy one/get one) special:

when I noticed the hot pink little gadget on the counter. I soon discovered it was an "ID theft protection stamp" and I got a little excited because I didn't know such a thing existed.

The way it works is the stamp has a unique pattern that will mask your private and confidential information. The cute hot pink one I got is by a company called "Kes'pon". If you have any interest in a hot pink (or green, blue or plain ole' white) ID guard stamp, check-out the Kes'pon's online store. The small version (size I got and works perfectly fine) will cost you about $10 bones while the larger version is about $20 (plus S&H).

Both stamps regardless of size will last about 1,000 impressions. When you run out of ink, you can just purchase a refill on the same site. Or, if you have a Sample House & Candle Shop in your vicinity, just snatch one up there and save on S&H. It's a much, much cheaper alternative to a shredder if I do say so myself.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment