Photobucket


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Bargain Blonde's Raspberry Champagne Spritzer Recipe

I wanted a champagne spritzer recipe for a bridal shower I was throwing a few months ago, so I took to Google to start my search.  I found one by Top Chef hosts Padma Lakshmi & Tom Colicchio, which I have now simplified and IMHO, perfected.  I have served this at a bridal shower, two Stella and Dot parties last week and at a BBQ at my humble abode.  Not one person, male or female, hasn't been obsessed with it.

I have had several requests from my readers for the recipe, which I actually mentioned in last week's Bachelorette Viewing Party Recap post.  The recipe was included under the picture of the spritzer, so it seems it may have been easy to miss.  Regardless, I love the recipe so much I thought it deserved it's own post.

Try this refreshing spritzer next time you have friends over and they'll think you're all kinds of fancy serving it.  Little will they know how easy it is to whip up.



Last week I was asked if the spritzer was really minty and I personally don't think so. I'm not a huge mint fan (I can't stomach mojitos), but it gives it a really nice, balanced flavor.  Try it and see if you like it because I bet you will. If you absolutely don't like the flavor, then omit it.  I am not responsible for any champagne hangovers.  
Pin It

25 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, this sounds delicious. Will be trying it next get together

    ReplyDelete
  2. YYYYYES!!!! I'm drooling over this now. And want to make it now. But unfortunately that wouldn't be smart since I'm at work...lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds incredible! Cant wait to make it!

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds amazing!!!! i will def be trying this out!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try this out! My first summer cocktail has been planned! :) THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is watering looking at this! I def wanna try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Word. And gluten-free, seems like. Double word. The pic is purdy too. :) Gracias for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As if I needed another excuse to drink champs. Don't I sound like snobby Dubrow when I call it that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah this sounds amazing! I am def going to try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that sounds so good! I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of my favorite things in one bev! Perfect for my pool side weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm yummy! i saw this last week, but i'm typically not into icecream+bubbles/soda or into mint. mojitos are dis-gusting!!

    so i'm super glad you posted this! sorbet is totally diff from ice cream and i don't mind a hint of mint. thanks sister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to make this. Wish I could drink it on my back porch with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't not wait to make this. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post for LaurenConrad.com. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has to be the bomb.com. I must try this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could go for this right.now. And this will most likely be made for June 24 :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. damnnn itttt why does the place my bridal shower is being held forbid alcohol???

    maybe we can sneak this in and they'll never even know :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is it bad that Im trying to come up with an occasion to serve this at asap??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds perfect for the weekend if you ask me. I need to find someone with a pool ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm having a bday pool party in a few weeks and think i just found my drink recipe!! this looks perf!

    ReplyDelete