Photobucket


Thursday, November 1, 2012

Friday Favorites: The RE-Resurrection!

We finally made it to Friday.  Hall-e-lu-yer! And what better way to start our Friday than with a little Friday Faves action?

Up first is my most favorite and only favorite from the week: I FINALLY GOT ALL OF MY BELONGINGS FROM DALLAS!  (And then moved them into my Vegas apartment.) Double yay. 

Have I ever mention that I have the best Mom in the history of Moms? I'll tell you why. She flew from Raleigh, NC (where she lives) to Dallas to pick up a moving truck that I reserved from Penske. Then she and my brother proceeded to load it with all of my boxes, furniture, etc.  
Moving truck halfway packed.
Then ... are you ready for this? She drove that 16 foot truck from Dallas to Las Vegas all by herself. That's a 20 hour drive with a moving truck by herself.  Mom of the year, I know. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm not even close to being done unpacking, but I hope to be by the end of this weekend.  To tide you over, here are a few photos of the view from the balcony of my new place:


I suppose I could show you my front door:

Any inside pictures will have to wait because I still have a lot of boxes to unload and things to put away. I've actually finished my kitchen and dining room, but I want to wait to do one big post of pictures from the interior.  MMM K?

So I'd say that is a pretty big Friday Favorite so I rest my case. I have nothing else to trump it. Now you tell me what your favorites are from the week and link-up below!
Pin It

28 comments:

  1. yay for being the first linky (and obviously having an insomnia problem)!

    Your momma DEFINITELY gets mom of the year award! I know my momma loves me but she knows how much stuff I have and there is no way she would pack it all up and drive out to me! haha

    glad your happy little abode is coming together! everything outside looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so nice of your mom! That's one hell of a drive... love your photos, one of my favorite things about Vegas are the sunrises/sunsets over the mountains :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sweet of your Mom, not to mention brave driving a big moving truck for that long! Your new place looks really nice! I hope you get settled in soon! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww moms are the best! How are you liking Vegas?? I went to UNLV, and although I don't think I'll ever be moving back I definitely miss it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice of your Mama!
    Enjoy your new place!


    =)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your place looks so wonderful, although Dallas will miss you I'm sure! Your mom is awesome!! Why are moms the beat?! I would never do things like this for them if I had kids.

    Thanks for hosting the link up! I'm excited to be a part of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the move!
    Your view is amazing!! We're moving to the West Coast next summer, I'm so excited, it's beautiful out there!
    New to your link up and your blog. Happy to be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww your Mama is so great! My mom would be like "are you kidding me?" haha but then she would probably do it still haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet Momma!

    I'm about to move too...already dreading it even though it's just to a new place in the city I'm already in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is your mom!!! Your place has a comforting view and the view of the front makes you want to look inside! I look forward to seeing the inside picture post(s)!!! Happy unpacking!

    pharrawayliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful! Your mom sounds like my mom. She drove from Atlanta to Tampa in a Uhaul alone while I drove my car a few years ago. Your views are very pretty, and it sounds like your transition is going so well. And I mean, you live in Vegas. That's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Mamma Bargain Blonde! Seriously, she is amazing. What a mom :)

    Those views are gorrrrgeous, you lucky girl! Good luck again with the rest of unpacking and I seriously cannot WAIT to see what you do with the inside!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Moms are the best and your mom def. deserves an award!! Congrats on your new place and happy unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww your mom is awesome! Your apt looks fabulous from the front! Can't wait to see the inside! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linking up for the first time! Glad your move went well, and can't wait to see the inside. The outside is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mom lives in Raleigh?? I love her already!! I live in Western NC myself! She sounds like a total badass for driving 20 hours with a moving truck BY HERSELF. Thank you Momma Bargain Blonde!
    Andddd I'm linking up for the first time today! Crazy that I never have, I know!! PS- new(er) follower and loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY MAMA BB! Your front door is adorable. I can imagine a lot of other faves that are a result of you having your own place, too! So excited to see you in 2 weeks. EEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really do have the best Momma around! If I asked mine she would probs laugh in my face ;) Now my Dad.. he would do it. He can't say no to me! I can't wait to see your place.. that balcony looks fabulous. Now I just need to round up some of my blog faves and we are going to come and visit you in that gorg city!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your mom is so sweet!! I CANNOT wait to see pics of the inside! looks like everything is coming together really well :) have a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww your mom is the best. I hope you are enjoying Vegas so far.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your mom is awesome! That was so sweet of her to do all of that for you (: Loving your view and door! Can't wait to see the inside!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. that's unconditional love!! can't wait to see the new place

    ReplyDelete
  23. cool pictures- the new house looks cute from what we can see!

    Lauren
    http://laurencroswell.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete